- Crowdvine: an all-encompassing social network solution for conferences that includes schedule planning, networking, activity monitors (who's coming to my talk) etc
- A paper discussion site (could be within crowdvine, or even something like Mark Reid's ICML discussion site)
- A good paper submission/review manager like HotCRP (not CMT !)
- Facebook/twitter/blog for official announcements.
- At the very least, a website with all the papers for download. If necessary,zip or torrent links for downloading proceedings (especially if videos are involved).
And no, we did none of these for SoCG 2010. But a guy can dream, no ? While I'd be shocked to see crowdvine at any theory conference (price, culture, you name it), I think videolectures.net would be a valuable resource, and many of the rest require time but are otherwise free.